Saturday, March 7, 2009

The reason I sleep

Waiting on the other end of the line at 5:23 in the morning for someone to pick up is one of the most painful feelings in the world. It's when you realize that your attempts are utterly useless and your opinions, no matter how important that person considers you to be, don't matter at the moment.

Even when they pick up, they answer with a simple, "I'm sorry, I'm on the phone about an important meeting..." and there is nothing you can do about it.

You can't get angry, you can't ask to have more time, you can't take back the hours you spent anticipating, waiting.

In times like these, you just have to suck it up and enter that deep slumber of nothingness we call sleep. It takes the feeling away and makes it easier to bear.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

=(

Unknown said...

keep writing. because i read them!